Excuses! Excuses! Excuses!
It seems everybody has a good excuse for not attending church. If you took a few of these excuses, and applied them to something like eating, they would look something like this:
- I was forced to eat as a child.
- People who eat all the time are hypocrites; they aren’t really hungry.
- There are so many different kinds of food; I can’t decide what to eat.
- I used to eat, but I got bored and stopped.
- I only eat on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
- None of my friends will eat with me.
- I’ll start eating when I get older.
- I don’t really have time to eat.
- I don’t believe that eating does anybody any good. It’s just a crutch.
- Restaurants and grocery stores are only after your money.